Broken artefacts or debris are socially perceived as dirt. For me these are other-than-human beings and I work as a guide and mediator to bring them to life. The found matter and I are working in situ or we migrate to new places.
Assembling together we gather an ex-centric presence, unwanted memory and lack of control with imaginary stories for increasing speculative visions in daily life. That co-creation uses a range of visuals media, assemblages, including performative sculpture, objects, performance, situations, walks, storytelling, audio and text. To animate and activate invisible worlds, I read urban public space as the scenography of human traces. With relational aesthetics and sticky, flexible materials, participatory experiences we create a vision of unheard voices to register the traces and compose new beings.
That co-creative process proves the power of otherness and cooperation as a magic tool for real shifts in socio-matter relations.
- Open studio and Group Exhibition, Bermuda Open in The Gray Space in the Middle, The Hague, 2-4 June
- Group Exhibition. Zukunftsvisionen, Goerlitz, DE, 9-18 June
- Walkshop, New life in Buitenplaats Brienenoord in Rotterdam, 25 June
- Performance, Walking with Speculative Artifacts, during the Conference Forms of (More Than) Human Relationality, Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis, UvA,
- Group Exhibition How to End in Pictura Dordrecht, NL (December)
- Performance site-specific at The National Museum in Warsaw, PL (October)
ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛʟʏ: ᴘᴇʀꜰᴏʀᴍɪɴɢ ᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ ꜱᴘᴀᴄᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛɪᴄ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴀʀᴄʜ @speculative_artifacts